If you are debating whether to buy storage shed kits or build one, this page will show you the pro’s and cons to each choice. At the end of this article you will be able to see clearly which way to go and your options for each choice in saving time and money. Either plans have excellent options; here is a checklist to go through so you can make the right decision.
Here we go.
TO BUILD IT YOURSELF – PROS
- It can save you money if you are a savvy builder
- You can get the materials at a great price so the whole project will cost a lot less by building it yourself
- Building can be a very rewarding project and if you do a great job, it can be a source of pride and sense of accomplishment
- If you already have all the right tools and equipment to build, then all you need is the right shed blue prints and the building materials
- You have easy access to building materials and tools
- You are pretty handy when it comes to building things and organized when it comes to these types of projects
- You want a custom designed shed plan to fit your needs
- You want to save cost and you can do this by knowing which materials to cut cost on and which ones are best to go for quality
- You are not in a big rush and can take your time making this exactly right for what you want
Here’s the best place to get your shed plans if you choose to save on cost and have the time to do it yourself. There is also a free plan that you can customize if you need to, that is ready for you to download right now. Visit:
TO BUY – PROS
- If you are not the build it yourself type, there are a lot of solutions to choose from ranging from an expensive fancy shed to a simple one that’s just right to store your everyday garden tools and equipment
- Options are also plentiful which will save you plenty of time
- You can shop online and have everything shipped to you. This saves you a trip to the local home improvement store and having to carry all the tools and materials back to your place.
- If you don’t want the hassle associated with building from scratch
- If you absolutely have no time to build anything
- If you are not handy with tools and you would rather pay to get it done or pay for a pre-built ready to assemble plug and play solution. And you need this done fast, so all you want to know right now is how soon they can ship this to you, then buying a storage shed kit would be the best choice for you.
Here are a few choices if you want to buy your shed rather than build one yourself:
Options To Consider Before Buying Your Storage Shed Kit And What To Look Out For When You Are Ready To Buy
(1) Dimensions: Knowing the exact size is crucial to making the right choice. Make sure you measure accurately the area in which you will be placing your shed. Will you have enough space to fit a shed that is 14ft. x 31ft? If you are limited on space then you need to be more accurate and leave some room for error on your measurements.
(2) What type of Shed: Knowing type of material the shed is made out of will determine its durability. And what you will be using the shed for will determine your best choice on which option to take. Storing precious and expensive equipment in your shed? Then you might choose a heavy duty, sturdy, multipurpose utility storage building that has a heavy-duty truss system for overall strength. For strength and sturdiness, vinyl-coated steel is 5 times thicker than standard steel finish.
(3) Price: What is your budget? Are you thinking of a specific price range? If so, use that and see all the budget friendly options that can still fulfill your needs.
(4) Best Deals: Finding the best deals is just a matter of comparing your options. When you know the size and quality that you need, you can then compare the best price deals based on that criteria. Make sure to get your storage shed kit from a reputable source that you trust, otherwise that may be just another headache that could have been avoided.
(5) Shipping time: Does it ship within 2-3 weeks or faster? Fast shipping means you can put that shed together soon and have that off your to do list. Also note your shipping charges when you are comparison shopping or you might go over budget on a choice that is seemingly a great deal.
Best Deal Recommendations:
Lifetime 6433 11-by-11-Foot Outdoor Storage Shed with Windows
Ships 3-5 Days (Ships Free with Super Saver Shipping)
Price: $1,944.60 (may change, please check here for current pricing)
BUY IT HERE:
- Special features for this deluxe storage shed include; Two shatter proof windows that open for increased ventilation and shelving system is customizable and steel reinforced for added strength.
- High arched, steel-reinforced doors offer a 4′ wide x 6′ high door opening, lockable doors with internal latching mechanism and full-length steel hinge-pin system
- High-pitched roof support A-Frame trusses provide 6’8″ of head room and the steep roof allows for quick drainage of rain and snow
- High density polyethylene floor included does not crack, chip or peel. Slip resistant surface with beveled edge and is resistant to oil, solvents and stains
- - Site Selection your shed is recommended to be prepared using a level cement, wood asphalt, gravel or patio style surface. This will provide the best long-term performance for your shed.
Product Dimensions: 81 x 32 x 48 inches ; 869 pounds
Shipping Weight: 870 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states. We regret it cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico
Lifetime 11 Foot Shed with 9-Foot Tri-Fold Doors
BUY IT HERE:
- Nominal Dimensions: 11ft W x 11ft D / Footprint: 10ft 4.25in W x 10ft 4.5in D / Exterior Dimensions: 10ft 3.5in W x 10ft 3.5in D x 9ft 4in H / Exterior Roof Dimensions: 11ft 0.75in W x 11ft 0.75in D / Interior – Dimensions: 10ft 0.5W x 10ft 0.5in W x 9ft 2.25in (Maximum) / Square Feet: 100.4 / Cubic Feet: 786.6
- Weather-Resistant Powder Coated Steel Frame with 1in Double Walled Polyurethane Plastic Walls
- Windows: Includes Three Stationary Door Windows and Two Latch and Lock Shatter-Proof Windows for Ventilation
- Extra-Large 9ft Carriage-Style Doors: Feature Internal Spring Latch, Interior Deadbolts, and Exterior Padlock Loop
- Flooring: Constructed of Stain-Resistant Polyethylene Plastic
The Lifetime 11-Foot Shed keeps your small items and big items in mind! Featuring an innovative design, the Lifetime Shed a large interior space and 9ft carriage style doors, so you can easily drive your ride-on mower inside. The spacious interior allows you to comfortably stand tall inside while the multiple windows, screened vents, and large skylights provide natural light and ventilation. The 11-Foot Shed includes two large shelves and two peg strips with tool hooks to help keep your tools and smaller items organized. Built to stand strong, this shed features a weather-resistant powder coated steel frame with Lifetimes durable 1in thick double walled polyurethane plastic walls. The polyethylene plastic flooring is stain resistant, so you dont have to worry about dirt, mud, or grease. The Lifetime Shed is also extremely easy to clean – simply spray down with a hose and itll be as good as new! Keep your garden tools and backyard gear clean and organized with the Lifetime 11-Foot Shed!
Looking For Stregth and Durability? Here’s A Great Option To Fit That Need
Arrow Vinyl Utility Storage Building – 14ft. x 31ft.
You Save: $323.92 (6%)
Usually ships within 6 to 10 days.
BUY IT HERE:
Multipurpose utility storage building has heavy-duty truss system for overall strength. Side utility door for additional access, and with over 8 feet high at the interior center, this building makes a great workshop. Strong sturdy – vinyl-coated steel is 5 times thicker then our standard steel finish. U.S.A. Dimensions L x W (ft.): 14 x 31, Style: House, Color: Almond, Outer Material: Steel, Center Height (ft., in.): 9, 6, Frame Material: Steel, Door Type: Roll Up, Storage Volume (cu. ft.): 3,663